’Tis the season for shiny, optimistic resolutions to jump-start you and your business in the new year. The key to executing your goals is to identify tangible strategies for achieving them. You want this to be a banner year for your business, and so do your employees. According to Forbes, 62% of American workers’ resolutions include work-related changes. Performance improvement and learning new skills top the list. When you commit to the four resolutions below, both your business AND your workers win in the New Year.
Save time and money by streamlining internal processes and consolidating functionality across your network. It’s that simple. Evaluate your computer hardware, printer fleet, networking system, and document management organization. Chances are, there is room for improvement.
- In a recent study, Aberdeen Group reported that Managed Print Services can save an organization as much as 30% of its operating budget. Both overhead and material costs will see a positive impact quickly.
- If it’s time to replace outdated printers, multi-functional printers are the way to go. MFPs combine capabilities of four devices into one — printer, copier, scanner, and fax machine. Consider that each machine in your office requires networking, software, supplies and support. By streamlining your print fleet, productivity and efficiency increase while long-term maintenance costs decrease.
- Time is money, and both are saved with Document Management Software. A recent AIIM Industry report found that within 18 months, 77% of users who went paper-free saw a return on their investment. Less physical paper means less time copying, faxing and manually searching for files. DMS facilitates collaboration and productivity with enhanced revision controls and auditing functionality.
Enhance Your Technology Footprint
Few things frustrate both customers and employees more than slow, inadequate and obsolete tools. Outdated technology makes tasks more cumbersome for your employees and consume valuable time that would be better spent making sales and establishing customer relationships. Launch an audit of your current systems and equipment to identify both short and long term tech improvement projects.
- Consider entering a Managed Network Service MNS refers to shifting IT responsibilities to an outside source. You can expect an audit of your current technology and recommended proactive solutions to meet your goals and budget. With a partner on-hand, your system is constantly monitored and optimized.
- Make sure the face of your company is current, not just the inner connections of your network. Your MNS partner is a direct link to the latest tech advancements that make sense for your Looking to enhance team collaboration and dazzle clients? Interactive display systems, like Sharp’s AQUOS, are a no-brainer. Your customer service response time needs streamlining? Cloud computing can completely change the dynamic of your customer service protocol.
No one is immune to system breeches or malfunctions. Damage is prevented or minimized when the right team and systems are in place.
- Hackers find your weakest link, which is often your printer. Multi-functional printers have enhanced security protocols that are difficult to breach.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is no longer a trend, but a fact of life. The sheer amount of content shared between your team’s various devices makes you susceptible to security lapses. Managed document systems and cloud computing systems layer security measures to protect against hackers, natural disasters, and hardware malfunctions.
Establish Smart Partnerships
You likely rely on many different companies — suppliers, clients, partners — to succeed and grow. It’s important to align with businesses that understand your unique business and share your goals. If you value community ties and a close working relationship, choose an independent, local and responsive technology partner.
Kick off the New Year at your SE Michigan business right! Email or call Dan Heimler, Sales Director at UTEC, at (734) 434-5900.